Re: ** imp using multiple compressed exp dump files

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ajoshi97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 10:43:51 -0700 (PDT)

Can you try your command sequence on a small schema export and import?
Make sure that works first. I checked my own note:
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/ImpExpThruPipe.txt
I did not use one single pipe to store multiple, split, partial files
as you do, although I think your method should also work. I had bad
luck with compress when I did a big export job. Try gzip instead. If
you export and import across hosts, Joel Patterson's rsh approach
works great. See "Export/import across hosts" in my note.

Yong Huang