Re: how to set up system stats on a new 10g box

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:05:01 +0100

Hi Michael

> How do you set up system stats on a brand new box with no workload?

If you are only changing the db server hardware (i.e. the application is
already used in production elsewhere, the I/O subsystem doesn't change
and the oracle version is the same) I would suggest doing the following:
- Gather noworkload stats (dbms_stats.gather_system_stats(gathering_mode
=> 'noworkload')) and then set CPUSPEED = CPUSPEEDNW.
- Copy the values for SREADTIM, MREADTIM, MAXTHR, MBRC and SLAVETHR from
the present (old) production system.

If you are changing other "components", please, provide some more
detailed information...

HTH
Chris Antognini

Troubleshooting Oracle Performance, Apress 2008
http://top.antognini.ch