Re: how to set parallel_max_servers without running PQ within out apps

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:34:56 +1000

Fedock, John (KAM.RIC) wrote,on my timestamp of 19/05/2008 11:18 PM:
For streams, we need to set parallel_max_servers to > 1.

I made sure all tables and indexes have parallel set to 1 and then set the above parameter.

Normal, homegrown queries started running in parallel. How can this happen if the degree is 1 for all objects?

Is there a way to set parallel_max_servers > 1 for streams, and not have PQ option running on our application objects?

This is a 2 node RAC, HP-UX system running 10.2.0.3.

Another thing to check:
parallel_automatic_tuning=false;
set it, even if it says it is the default:
you're running RAC, so it may decide otherwise.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto