Re: how to prevent DBA burnout?

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jerry59grp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:24:38 -0400

Opportunities to learn ... classes, conferences and the chance to share
ideas with others dealing with similar problems and environments.
 Conferences and symposiums are beneficial on multiple levels - cutting
training budgets is penny wise and pound foolish.
Burnout and boredom go hand in hand.  Doing the same thing the same way over
and over again burns people out, as does dealing with the same problems day
after day.

Today's card on indexed is perfect for this question:

http://thisisindexed.com/2009/03/ask-more-questions-youll-feel-better/

--
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be.