Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:20:28 -0400

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:59:00 -0500, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Juan,
>
> Don't you think it would be easier to use dbms_application_info and
> set the number of records in ACTION column? no worries with autonomous
> transaction, dbms_output etc. Plus you have a chance to have your
> application well behaved and instrumented. Someone might even thank
> you for it later. 8:)
>
> Then it it remains is select from v$session ... sounds good??
> As for I am concerned, my processes are pretty much verbose, they tell
> me exactly what I want to know.

That is a better idea,

> But we are talking about the question
> from the original poster.

Rjamya, I didn't find a way to know how much inserts are in the
moment, the previous was the best idea to an "exact" measure.

But what about to measure blocks instead of records , and use
v$sesstat, or you think still is posible to know the exact amount of
insert at a specific moment in a session (from another session).

--
Oracle 9i,10g Certified Professional (Experience on Orace 7,8i)
Developer 6i Certified Professional

8 years of experience in Administration, developing and design