    From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco"<juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
    Sent: 2/1/05 9:26:58 AM
    To: "niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx"<niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
    Cc: "Oracle-L (E-mail)"<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

    Hi Niall, Based on documentation this could help her. But as I told, I
    didn't test this functionality, and I think this could need a COMMIT.

    MONITORING | NOMONITORING
    MONITORING Clause Specify MONITORING if you want Oracle to collect
    modification statistics on table. These statistics are estimates of
    the number of
    rows affected by DML statements over a particular period of time. They are
    available for use by the optimizer or for analysis by the user.