Re: how to evaluate optimizer_index_caching

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:38:42 +0100

I would say you only start chaning the optimizer_index_* parameters if:

- you've got good statistics in place
- your "normal" optimizer parameters are set correctly for your environment
(pga, mode, etc)
- your system stats are accurate
- AND many of your sql's still get suboptimal execution plans

My colleague, christian antognini held a good presentation at last year's
miracle db forum in denmark about the "CBO configuration roadmap" where he
explains those as well -- google for it

Stefan

On 1/22/07, Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The question is : how do I known when I need to alter the default
values.

Bernard Polarski
Oracle DBA