RE: how good is oracle tech support?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AC.GWIA.oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <IMCEAGWISE-AC+2EGWIA+2Eoracle-l+40freelists+2Eorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<mark.powell@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:57:32 +0100

Comments below

On the other hand I considered this question clear, and the information is =
not readily apparent from the DataGuard maniual - I was looking in the wron=
g place. I think the initial response exemplifies that sometimes you need t=
o ask the question 2 or 3 times to get a decent response. Yes it is a simpl=
e query - but getting confirmation from support that our DR solution is sup=
ported seemed sort of important

### Detailed Problem Statement: ###
Under 8i Standard Edition creation and maintenance of a standby database=20
manually was supported. Is this functionality still available and supported=
 under 9i Release 2 Std Edition or is DataGuard/Standby now available only =
to EE=20
customers?=20

14-AUG-03 08:48:09

TAR has been assigned to an analyst -- Sending email.=20

14-AUG-03 09:00:32

The DataGuard is available only with Oracle9i Enterprise Edition.

For more informations please read:
NOTE:165296.1 - Upgrading to 9i with Standby Database in place

Regards,
Name withheld to protect the guilty.=20

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission
+44 117 975 7805=20

This email contains information intended for
the addressee only.  It may be confidential
and may be the subject of legal and/or
professional privilege.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copyright or use of this
communication without prior permission of
the sender is strictly prohibited.