From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of rjamya
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 2:25 PM
To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx; MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: how do you decide your db_cache_size

I presume it is for those who are not good with division ... dividing by
1000 is much easier than say 1024 ??

Raj

On 9/14/05, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/14/05, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm with you Mladen - I can't stand it when someone creates a "1GB"
datafile
> with a size of 1000MB.  Infidels!  :-)

Most of us probably don't like the 1000mb = 1gb.

Since the drive mfgrs use decimal rather than binary, it is sometimes
a necessary evil, such as during capacity planning for storage.

--
Jared Still
11+ years of trying to appear to know what I'm doing.

select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =
'MANDATORY';