Re: high cpu on query

  • From: "Jeremy Paul Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Joe Armstrong-Champ" <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:49:45 -0500

Actually I'm pretty sure that GATHER_STATS_JOB does not gather system
statistics.  However sometimes DBA's or consultants add another job to
gather them on a regular basis.  (Generally I'm not a fan.)

You might try rolling back your objects stats.  10g keeps 31 days of history
by default and you can revert to any timestamp with the
DBMS_STATS.RESTORE_*_STATS procedures.  If none of the four listed items
change then your plan should not change.

Oh yeah... and init params means both init and session params - because the
CBO does factor in a few session params like workarea_size_policy.

-Jeremy

On 6/29/07, Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

GATHER_STATS_JOB runs automatically every night. It has since we
upgraded so I'm assuming that system stats are being gathered.