Re: hide sqlplus pwd

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 08:35:10 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, if you are running on WIN XP there is a command called tasklist.exe.
This command, if run using the /v switch would show sqlplus.exe AND any
username/password entered at the command line. Here is an example:

C:\Documents and Settings\Robert>tasklist /v |find "Command Prompt"
cmd.exe                    10128 Console                 0      2,672 K Running
        ROBERTSDELLXPS\Robert
            0:00:00 Command Prompt - sqlplus sys/robert as sysdba

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles