RE: help in streams setup

  • From: William B Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:34:19 -0600

I ran through that same article a few weeks ago myself, and kept having
all kinds of problems. It turns out that I was skipping a step, where I
had to export from database "A", import into database "B", then export
database "B' and import into database "A".  Only then did everything work
correctly. Eveidently the (apparent) duplication of steps, just reversed,
are necessary to get the SCN's synced between both instances.

However, I did it with an entire schema, not just a table as you appear to
have done. Not sure if this would make any difference or not.

Bill Ferguson
U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team
PO Box 25046, MS-750
Denver, Colorado 80225
Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321 Fax (303)236-4208