Re: help for cursor

 > The procedure 'test' is compiled successfully,but the result is:
 >        categories_cur%NOTFOUND is true
 >  which indicate no records in categories_cur,who can tell me why?

Your cursor loops through all results, then after the last fetch prints the
'not found' message; it's not doing anything with the data it does select. Add
these lines and you'll see what I mean. NOTFOUND really means END OF FETCH...

BEGIN
      OPEN categories_cur(p_name);
      LOOP
            FETCH categories_cur INTOv_describe;
            IF(categories_cur%NOTFOUND)
            THEN
               DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('categories_cur%NOTFOUND is true');
            ELSE
               DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(v_describe);
            END IF;
END test;