Re: help for cursor

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xiaoyezi.xyz@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:00:51 -0400

First,

your code shouldn't compile. And even if it compiles, it is doing
exactly what you are telling it to do. You are not doing with any of
the fetches and just outputting a message when cursor doesn't find
anything.

Raj

On 6/26/06, xiaoyan <xiaoyezi.xyz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Now in my preject,I need  to use cursor like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test(p_name VARCHAR2)  IS

 CURSOR  categories_cur (p_str VARCHAR2) IS SELECT  describe FROM
categories
      WHERE  name=p_str ;
 v_describe categories.describe%TYPE;

BEGIN
      OPEN categories_cur(p_name);
      LOOP
            FETCH categories_cur INTOv_describe;
            IF(categories_cur%NOTFOUND)
            THEN

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('categories_cur%NOTFOUND is true');
            END IF;
END test;

The procedure 'test' is compiled successfully,but the result is: categories_cur%NOTFOUND is true which indicate no records in categories_cur,who can tell me why?

   Thanks in advance!

Got RAC?