RE: heavyweight OS monitoring as standard

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:14:34 -0500

Thanks for pointing out OSW!

We've always used tools to match the OS ("collect" for Tru64, "nmon" for
AIX, a home-grown sampler of /proc for Linux), then created .csv files,
built external tables off the .csv files, then loaded the data into an
Oracle db for historical analysis of the stats.

David C. Herring  | DBA, Acxiom Automotive

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 cell | 630-944-4989 fax
1501 Opus Pl | Downers Grove, IL, 60515 | U.S.A. | www.acxiom.com