Re: heads up on em grid upgrade

> I spent a lot of time, too much time, on diagnosing comms problems with
> Oracle support some their problem, some mine.

Run, Niall, run!

I've had it w/GC.  I was planning an upgrade to .5 from .3 in order to
expand my SQL Server plugin, but I've scrapped it.  The product is just too
unstable and unreliable for a solo DBA like me.

In addition to my other woes these past two weeks, GC also decided to report
my PID as being 7 of the top 10 sessions in the Top Activity display.  And
clicking on the PID showed that the session juuuust disconnected and it had
run some unknown SQL.  Funny that the same PID disconnected at several
different times and I missed it each time.  I had to bounce the OMS to clear
this mess.

Did I mention that the SQL it runs against V$SQL for the Top Activity
display also causes a bug that can cause severe library latch contention
that will appear to temporarily hang the monitored instance?

RUN, NIALL, RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

I'm looking forward to any and all competitive vendors at Collaborate 10.
Or maybe I should just rewrite it in APEX and be done with it.

Weekend started 12 hours ago for me.  Time to forget GC for a little while...

Rich