Re: function index

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: johan.eriksson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:17:49 -0700

Did you analyze the table after building the FB index? The FB index creates an invisible column in the table and unless the table is re-analyzed that column will have no statistics and the CBO will use column statistics defaults to calculate selectivity and estimated cardinality.

johan Eriksson wrote:

The database is 10.2 on RHEL 3.

I have a table on which I have  2 indexes, one normal and one

The different queries I run are

select count(*) from t1 where username='user1';
select count(*) from t1 where lower(username)='user1';

the index are created with

create index f_t1_username on t1(lower(username));
create index uq_t1_username on t1(username);

-- Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation