Re: function based index in 9i require query_rewrite_enabled

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:10:29 -0400

Hi, where you heard that?, the best you can do is get working the
index, as documentation says, and then set the parameter to false and
you will see. :)

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96590/adg06idx.htm#7198

Only cost-based optimization can use function-based indexes. Remember
to set the QUERY_REWRITE_ENABLED initialization parameter to TRUE, and
call DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATISTICS or
DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATISTICS, for the function-based index to
be effective.

--
Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i