RE: foreign key constraint and the index_name in user_constraint table

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:13:46 -0400

The index_name column of DBA_CONSTRAINTS was new with version 9 and only
contains an entry when the constraint_type = 'P' for primary key or = 'U'
for unique constraint.  In other words this column shows you the index that
supports a PK or UK constraint.  See the Oracle 9.x or 10.x Reference Manaul
for more information about DBA_CONSTRAINTS.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --