From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:40 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: flush shared_pool and query performance

Hi all:

I am noticing that the same SQL executed before and after 'alter system
flush shared_pool' completes in VASTLY
different time - 0.01s before the command and 0.3s after the command. I
wonder why is that. When I flush the
shared_pool, the library cache is flushed and so my SQL needs to be
reparsed.  Is that reasonable for parsing
to take 0.3s?

thank you

Gene Gurevich