RE: flashback

  • From: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx
  • To: oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:27:12 +0300

>Learned the new thing today.

few days ago our DBA team encountered yet another flashback issue.
You have to have nologging on some db tables.
You recover your database.
You truncate those nologging tables which are staging/temporary tables
anyway.
And then you get
ORA-1578: ORACLE data block corrupted
Then you find that metalink note "Cannot Reuse a Corrupt Block in Flashback
Mode, ORA-1578 [ID 729433.1]" claims this is fixed in 11.1 but 10g are all
affected.

That one was a good point to demonstrate what good comes out of using new
features recklessly.

             "Hsieh, Joan"
             <Joan.Hsieh@tufts
             .edu>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  John Hallas
             oracle-l-bounce@f         <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
             reelists.org              oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             2010.08.25 16:47                                      Subject
                                       RE: flashback

             Please respond to
             Joan.Hsieh@tufts.
                    edu

Thanks, John,  I checked out our log and email back the date the flashback
log had been stopped. It was  exactly the case that our flashback area was
100% full. Until now, I don’t know it automatically disable the flashback.
Learned the new thing today. Thanks again.

Joan