Re: flash it back then roll it forward(pitr)

Hello Patrick,

Been testing flashback a bit recently so when I saw your email thought
I would test. Tested this with 10.2.0.4 on linux, and yep you
definitely can flashback and then roll forward, I did a recover
database until change to roll forwards again.

As Freek pointed to open read-write a flashed back database you need a
resetlogs, but of course you can open read-only without this.

Once you have flashed back you can even use flashback database to
"flash forward" and undo your flashback.

jason.

--
http://jarneil.wordpress.com