RE: finding ip address of the connected sql session in database

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:08:51 -0600

Hey Edwin,
You don't say which version of Oracle or what platform, but the two
methods that immediately come to mind are:
1)  Scan through the listener.log file, generally in
2)  Use the SYS_CONTEXT function (see the Oracle docs) in a logon
Method 1 should work for at least v7.x and up, but I forget when logon
triggers were introduced -- 9i maybe?
Of course, I assume you're aware of networking concepts like DHCP that
will affect the information gathered.  I hope you're also aware how easy
it is to fake Oracle into thinking that MS Access is really SQL*Plus or
any other program, at least through the eyes of V$SESSION.