RE: finding ip address of the connected sql session in database

Hey Edwin,

You don't say which version of Oracle or what platform, but the two
methods that immediately come to mind are:

1)  Scan through the listener.log file, generally in
$ORACLE_HOME/network/log

2)  Use the SYS_CONTEXT function (see the Oracle docs) in a logon
trigger.

Method 1 should work for at least v7.x and up, but I forget when logon
triggers were introduced -- 9i maybe?

Of course, I assume you're aware of networking concepts like DHCP that
will affect the information gathered.  I hope you're also aware how easy
it is to fake Oracle into thinking that MS Access is really SQL*Plus or
any other program, at least through the eyes of V$SESSION.

HTH!  GL!

Rich