Re: external table parallel issue

First off - why not just make a single external table that contains
all the files of the other 64?  E.g if you have 64 external tables
with 1 file each, make a single, additional, external table with 64
files.  This would seem to eliminate the need for a 64 branch union
(which seems like bad design to me).
Second - does the issue (which I'm unclear on exactly what it is)
reproduce if you use heap tables?  E.g make N heap tables as select *
from external_table and try your 64 branch union.

If your concern is why some PX servers dont seem to be getting work
when accessing the external table - does this reproduce with a simple
select count(*) from the external table as well?

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn