Re: exporting directly from one server to another

Btw, you should test out the following approach:

1. export w. rows=n

2. import w. constraints=n indexes=n

3. use a database link to transfer all of your data to new database (see
script below)

4. create index creation scripts from exportfile, modify it to use nologging
options, create indexes with it

5. import w. constraints=y (note that some "implicit indexes" may also be
created in this stage)

The script:

set linesize 300

set pagesize 0

set feedback off

set trimspool on

spool /tmp/apps_insert.sql

select 'insert /*+ APPEND NOLOGGING */ into '

   || owner || '.' || table_name

   || ' select * from ' || owner || '.' || table_name || '@dblink;'

from dba_tables

where owner in ('AP', 'APPLSYS', 'APPS', 'AR', 'GL', 'JE')

order by owner;

spool off

exit

The nologging option as a hint works starting from 9i, otherwise you should
use alter commands to set a table temporarily to nologging.

This approach can be faster, since it doesn't require regular array inserts,
like import does - regular inserts are always logged.

Tanel.