Re: export import Speed up

  • From: Sunil Bhola <oraclebhola@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx, VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am also looking for the same procedure. Please mark a CC to me also.

Regards,
Sunil Bhola

Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Vivek,

>We need to move a Big Production Database of 600 GB from Oracle 8.1.7 >on
>Solaris 5.6 TO Oracle 9.2 on IBM-AIX using export/import with MIN >Downtime.

Responding to your overall situation, someone recently posted on this list a
very clever way to move a large database to a new server with minimum downtime.
As I recall, i t involved moving the data, then using snapshots to keep the new
copy syncronized until you are ready to cut over. Unfortunately I didn't keep a
copy of this method. Perhaps someone else on the list kept it.

Dennis Williams

QUERIES in Oracle, Feel free to Join:

Regards,
Sunil Bhola