RE: export & import FULL =Y

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <godwin.ror@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:18:44 +1000

Hi Godwin
Ok firstly doing a full import will not import SYS, SYSTEM etc.

How to clean the data there is a couple of other possibilities, you
could have a look at what schemas that you need to import have data and
then use the fromuser and touser functionality to import those to
different schemas as a waypoint and then clean that data.

If you want to merge the data you have into the dev depending on how
much of which database you want to retain you could copy certain tables
to backup tables in your development database truncate all the tables
that will be imported and then import that data and then copy the prior
saved data back and any duplicates will be restored, with teh
appropriate process you could even place teh duplicates into a seperate
table if you really need to.

If you data you have from prod has duplicates I would still import with
fromuser and touser to move it to interim schemas and then run SQL to
remove those duplicates, export that back and reimport it to the correct
schemas.

If you need to find all the schemas then run imp show=y and this runs a
dummy import without actually doing it and will provide you with what it
will attempt to import

HTH

Cheers

Peter