export & import FULL =Y

  • From: "Godwin vincent" <godwin.ror@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 00:10:18 -0400

Hi all,
           I want to refresh a production database onto development machine
using EXP and IMP. My prod. database is of very small size of
approximately 4GB. I can get a full backup of the database using EXP by
using " exp system/manager file=exp_full.dmp full=y ignore=y ". My main
problem here is that my development database has already some data and i
want to clean all the data before doing an import from the production,
orelse i would be suffering with the duplication and hell lot of errors with
the constraints. I would like to ask you as what are the different ways i
could use to clean the database before a fresh import. One option would be
to drop all the schemas and start the import. In this scenario, how can i
find all the shemas, which does not include the default schemas that are
created at the database creation time. For example: SYS, SYSTEM, DBSNMP,
OUTLN, DIP, TSMSYS are created by default. I do not want to drop these
schemas as it might effect the database. Please advise.

Any information will be of a great help.

Thanks,
Godwin.