Re: exp/imp to/from multiple compressed files ?

  • From: Prem <premjhere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 02:46:16 +0530

Dennis, though there is more than a TB of disk space, the need
is ever growing and hence this space crunch now. Soon space will
be added.

Though writing to 2 locations is a solution, i was looking for a script
that would put all in one place ... compressed. Comes in handy many times.

One of our friends on this list shared this with me.
for sun solaris:
today=`date +%Y%m%d`

print Starting usage export backup at `date`
startime=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`

/etc/mknod $PIPEFILE p

( compress < $PIPEFILE ) | split -b $MAXSIZE - $DUMPFILE. &
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin/exp file=$PIPEFILE parfile=$datafile

to import
/etc/mknod imp_pipe p
cat `echo filenames.* | sort` | uncompress > imp_pipe &
then do your import

Let me try it. Thanks Dennis & Raj.

Regards | Jp.