Re: exp/imp to/from multiple compressed files ?

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: premjhere@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:29:16 -0500

Prem,

Desperate? Well, I doubt that you will find a ready-made script for what you
want. One possibility is to look at the Unix "split" command (assuming you
are on Unix).
   You might describe your space constraint in more detail. I'm assuming if
you do a straight export, that you don't have enough space to land even a
compressed version of the export and what you really need is to write half
the export to one disk and half to another. But that is my guess, so you
might confirm.
   I really think that you will end up doing two (or more) exports that
export specific objects to specific data files. If that won't work for you,
please explain why.
   Another approach is to question your management why in this age of cheap
disks that someone is trying to operate an Oracle database with such
marginal disk space. There will be many times where more disk space is
needed.

Dennis Williams

On 7/14/06, Prem <premjhere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brandol and All ,

But still i am desperately in need of a script which does that ?
That is :
I need to export to multiple compressed files (on oracle 9iR2).
And I need to import from multiple compressed files (without
uncompressing).
All because of space constraint.

Regards | Jp.