Re: experience with convert Dictionary managed tbs to LMT with dbms_space_admin

  • From: zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:19:31 +0800

Hi, Lex,
   Rebuild would be nice but as I said before, our database is pretty
big (1TB-3TB) and it is impossible to rebuild it without days's
downtime. The maximum downtime is 2 hours for us.  So we have to live
with current.

 ZimSbait, the thing you mentioned is critical for production box. I
am not sure what you was your exact problem. I don't have much
experience with the converted local managed tablespace, according to
metalink, it use the same extent management policy as dictionary
managed tablespace, so what is the difference?

Thanks

--
Regards
Zhu Chao