experience with convert Dictionary managed tbs to LMT with dbms_space_admin

  • From: zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:45:06 +0800

Hi, All,
   We have some  pretty big OLTP database suffer from ST enqueue
contention (size range from 1TB-3TB), because we use dictionary
managed tablespace and without proper extent size when
table/index/context index got created.
    Now some indexes have tens of thousands of extents and whenever we
drop some unused objects(like not used index via index monitoring), we
suffer from ST enqueue, even during normal business operation time.

 We plan to use dbms_space_admin to convert existing DMT tbs to LMT
tbs, and I already did some test on test box and it seems very good
and pretty fast.
   Before do any change in production, ,I would like to ask you guys,
if anyone has used it on big database and have any good/bad experience
with it.

Thanks for sharing.
Regards

--