Re: excessive number of db writer

  • From: "Anand Rao" <panandrao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:41:36 +0530

20 DB Writers is way too high.

what kind of an application is this? Even for a
'write-only-will-not-select-any-data' application, 20 is high questionable.

normally, you don't need to dab around with those parameters. why did they
need to be changed?

sorry, but your Oracle consultant has got it wrong.

cheers
anand

On 06/09/06, K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alex,

Did you get  an explanation for those suggestions?  It would be difficult
for us to comment on those changes without any additional details..

However, However,However, 20 DBWriters are certainly high for your
configuration ;)

Have a nice day !!
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007222729X/

Coming Soon: Oracle RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/