excessive archive log

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:22:16 +0000

We have an ETL database where virtually all activity are on tablespace in
nologging mode. 90% of our activity is inserts and 10% is updates of 1 column
that is not indexed. We do have indexes on the tables being inserted to. Though
not large numbers(2-4 with column length of 1-3). We do not have really wide
columns.
all of this is in noarchive log tablespaces.
We are getting relatively speaking alot of redo. We are getting more redo than
we are getting data generated.

one thing we may be seeing is that we are using advanced queueing and it is
enqueued and dequeued constantly. Could this be causing our archive problems?

how do we investigate this? can I use logminer to research this?