Re: evenly distribute services in RAC on node crash

  • From: Krishna <krishna.setwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:43:31 -0400

version: 11.2.0.3
I have 40 services - 10 on each node  as preferred.
for example:
web1 service is preferred on node 1 and available on node2, node3,node4
web2 service is preferred on node 2 and available on node1, node3,node4
web3 service is preferred on node 3 and available on node2, node1,node4
web4 service is preferred on node 4 and available on node2, node3,node1

i can run a service on one node only. (due to vendor XA limitation)

Alan, I tried the following:

web1 service is preferred on node 1 and available on node2
web2 service is preferred on node 2 and available on node3
web3 service is preferred on node 3 and available on node2
web4 service is preferred on node 4 and available on node1

the problem with this, what if 2 nodes go down?  eg: node1, node2 . web1
service will always be offline.

can we force the order of service failover?

Rajiv