RE: escape column name

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:44:39 -0700

Maybe I don't understand the problem correctly, but this is what I think the
problem is:
The "&" is considered as a special character, the "DEFINE" character, NOT the
ESCAPE character. (e.g. the character used for define variables as seen in the
example below).
But this should only happen in SQL*Plus.
Why do you think the report writer would have the same problem?
SQL> select '&x' from dual ;
Entrez une valeur pour x : ABC
ancien   1 : select '&x' from dual
nouveau   1 : select 'ABC' from dual