RE: enq: TX - index contention

  • From: "Hollis, Les" <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>
  • To: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:08:39 -0600

Then explain to me why a "select ini_trans from user_tables where
table_name =3D 'JUNKY1'; "  returns a result of  =20

INI_TRANS
__________

1

On a table I just created

And I guess ALL of Oracle's Documentation is wrong......Training courses
both 9.0 and 9.2,  The Online documentation for create table which
contains THIS:

If you omit this clause, then Oracle uses the following default values:

PCTFREE: 10=20
PCTUSED: 40=20
INITRANS: 1=20
MAXTRANS: Depends on data block size

AND the Oracle Press Oracle 9i DBA Handbook on page 881 under create
table....

You're telling me that ALL of that documentation PLUS the actual results
of a select statement are wrong.

Not buying it.