Re: enq: TX - index contention

  • From: "jaromir nemec" <jaromir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>, <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:46:51 +0100

Hi,

>My initial test showed I requested 1 ITL and 4 blocks.  I got 4 blocks with

two ITL slots in them.

This behaviour is a bit more than I understand  under "default"; wouldn't be
more correct to say, that  the allowed range was changed as well?.

> But anybody who looks at the block dump knows better.

I strong skeptic would argue that this is only other presentation of the
metadata. The best test IMHO is simple to stress a block  with two parallel
transactions and observe if the concurrency takes place.

If I recall it correctly there is a paper on this topic from Arup Nanda on
dbazine (unfortunately not online currently) and for sure lot of other stuff
else.

Regards

Jaromir D.B. Nemec