endian and cooked to raw conversion for TTS

Transportable Tablespace
Source: Oracle 10gR2, Windows XP
Target: Oracle 10gR2, AIX 5L (5.3)
Does anyone know if it is possible to do the endian conversion and the
conversion from a cooked datafile to raw in one step as follows?

CONVERT TABLESPACE sdo_data TO PLATFORM 'AIX-Based Systems (64-bit)'
db_file_name_convert='/home/oracle/datafile/sdo_data01.dbf ',
'/dev/ra0027da001';

Normally I would think it would be a two step process, the endian conversion
followed by a dd to convert a cooked file to raw.  One of my co-workers
thinks RMAN will do it without clobbering any header info in the raw device.
I searched, but couldn't find any info where this has been done. I
found examples of raw from one platform to raw on another, but dd was used.

Thanks,

David