Re: emctl fails with "failed to initialize TargetManager"

  • From: Mike Haddon <m.haddon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 15:09:18 -0600

You might also check for left over hanging shared memory segments from the last time it was running

ipcs -a

Mike

Stephane Faroult wrote:
Dan

  I'm not any more familiar with it than you are but out of curiosity I
have checked and emctl happens to be a shell script that calls a perl
script, emctl.pl. Perhaps you can find the exact message in the perl
script, it should give a clue (I have browsed it very quickly). Also, I
have noticed an EMCTL_DEBUG which, once set to something might also help.

HTH

SF