Re: eBooks

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:43:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Remigiusz,

> where do You buy e-ebooks about Oracle usually?
> We plan to buy a small library - best of all in electronic format

I have a handful of PDFs from apress.com and love 'em (especially Tom Kyte's
Expert Oracle DB Arch).  They used to use DRM to tie the PDF to the machine
you downloaded them on.  It was a pain to call them for a new download every
time I needed/wanted a hardware switch for my work laptop (which has been
surprisingly often on the "needed" part).

I'm sure it was a pain for them, too, as all my apress.com PDFs are now
DRM-free.  They even had a notice on their website that I could/should
download the new DRM-free versions for the ebooks I've already purchased.  A
very cool customer service move on their part, which has earned them some
loyalty from me.

HTH!  GL!

Rich