dynamic views cosnstency, do they use UNDO?

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 00:13:47 +0200

Hi

Since v$ views based on x$ are memry structures I guess there is no
guarantee that they would give a consistent view correct? For example in
some busy systems, for example a 2500 users CRM system running joins of v$
views is time consuming, for example if I try to join v$sesstat with
v$session it takes really a while.

If let's say it takes 10 seconds does Oracle guarantee the values I am
seeing are from 10 seconds ago? I am pretty sure undo is not used for memory
structures or wrong?

I Cant seem to find a easy way to test this.

TIA

Alex