RE: duplicate command to clone database to another host

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:34:29 +0100

Whether you need an until time or not depends on when the last RMAN
backup of the archivelogs has taken place.

If there has been a log switch since the last RMAN archivelog backup
then you will get the missing log file scenario. So a lot depends on
timing and the frequency of log switches within the database.

When we do a duplicate restore we run an archivelog backup first. If
that is not possible we enter the log sequence number instead (or a
time)

   duplicate target database to ${Auxiliary_Database}
###   until scn 9999999999999
###   until sequence 100 thread 1