From: Ruth Gramolini [mailto:rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 3:28 PM
To: Stankus, Paula G; all_about_oracle@xxxxxxxxxx;
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: duplicate command to clone database to another host

Paula,

Use this sql against the rman schema in the recovery catalog database:
select max(to_char(completion_time,'YYYY-MM-DD:hh24:mi:ss')) from
RMAN.rc_backup_datafile where db_name=3D'YOUR_DB';

If you aren't using a recovery catalog use the  system logs to find out
the end time of the backup.  Then use this time plus 1 second to account
for the fractions of a second, to determine the proper until time.  Then
use a set until time clause in your duplicate script as shown in
O_H/rdbms/demo/case4.rcv.

The archivelogs will only be backed up if you tell rman to do so.  Here
are my 2 backup statements: the first does the db backup and the second
backups the archivelogs (after a build in switch log) and deletes the
input if successful.

backup  incremental level 0
( database  include current controlfile );

backup  ( archivelog all  delete input );

As you can see, I use incremental level 0 instead of a full backup.
This allows a point in time recovery or duplicate.

I hope this helps, if not, let me know.  I may be able to help more.
Call me if you want - 802-828-5708.

Yours,
Ruth