RE: duhveloper comment of the day

My problem with it is not the realization that triggers can affect data
in the database just as dml statements can affect data in the database.
My problem is the implication that you have to somehow reset how you
look at triggers in order to understand them.  Triggers should be viewed
as triggers just as motorcycles should be views as motorcycles.  No need
to view motorcycles as cars.  You can view them both as transportation
vehicles but a motorcycle is not a car.

You are right, I don't provide enough context.  That context makes the
statement even more baffling.  Trust me.

I don't think I've violated any company policy by reproducing a single
sentence from an email that wasn't specific to company happenings anyway
and whose participants don't even work for my company but I'm paranoid
about that stuff so I won't be going any further.