Re: does VMware can setup OCFS2 file system on it????

  • From: "Brian Lucas" <moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:16:16 -0600

I've used ocfs2 on all VMs for RAC testing as well with no problems.

Try
#/etc/init.d/o2cb unload
#/etc/init.d/o2cb configure

You can use "o2cb status" to see if its loaded at any time.

On 7/17/07, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it is a 50 Gb file on VMware.  I can use "fdisk
/dev/sdb"  on CentOS 4.5 see the parations.  But
ocfs2consle can NOT see it.

I don't think permission has any problem.  The
permission on /dev/sdb are:

%ls -al sdb*
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 16 Jul 13 11:20 sdb
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 17 Jul 15 17:07 sdb1
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 18 Jul 15 17:07 sdb2

Do you have any documents how to setup OCFS and RAC on
VMware which you can share with us?

Thanks.

(
http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/OracleDB10gR2RACInstallationOnCento
> > s4UsingVMware.php) setup share disk under VMware
> and
> > use indepent and persistent parameters.
> >
> > I also partition share disk to two parations, but
> > ocfs2console can not find any paatiotion.
> >
> > Does anyone know OCFS2 compatible with VMware?
> >

> yes, it is. i have several vmware instances running
> ocfs2. just setup
> the disk, partition it and format it using
> ocfs2console or or
> mkfs.ocfs2. have you checked the block device's
> permissions?
>
> regards,
> -ap
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC