Re: different physical access method because of disabling Automated Memory Management?

  • From: "Alex Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 14:25:17 -0500

Martin,

I did some quick and dirty ad-hoc tests recently and thus far it seems
to certainly depend on:

1. _small_table_treshold as Tanel has mentioned
2. Amount of table blocks already presented in the buffer cache
3. Amount of dirty blocks (since we need to do an object level
checkpoint for this)

(2) seems to be 1/2 of a table blocks and (3) 1/4 of a table blocks,
you can see my test at http://afatkulin.blogspot.com

the main problem here is that amount of variables that Oracle could
use as in input to make a decision is probably much larger than the
above three I've mentioned thus it is what it is -- just documenting
some observations without really approaching any reliable figures.

--
Alex Fatkulin,
http://afatkulin.blogspot.com