RE: diag/rdbms alert files

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx>, <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:52:06 -0500

I remember adrci now and meant to come back to it later.  Didn't realize it
would purge all the files (except some like trace alert log). So thx.

1)  Do most people just let the LONGP_POLICY stay at one year and not bother?
If I set it to something like 1440 I'd have to do it for every database
(individually)... or I could just forget about it.

2)  If I'm taking care of my alert log (in trace dir) manually, do I also need
to manually take care of the listener_logs in the tnslsnr/.../.../trace dir
manually (in the same way I do for 10g, 9i, 8i...)?

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546