RE: df shows 100% on a empty filesystem-

Hi,

As Ken mentioned, I have also seen this happening on IBM-AIX (Oracle 10g R2)
when I dropped a huge undo tablespace. We had to bounce the instance to reclaim
the space.

Regards

Asif Momen
http://momendba.blogspot.com

Ken Naim <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}           I have seen this happen frequently on
various nix?s more commonly with dropped tablespace data files, as long as a
process that is still running had accessed the file. I used lsof to find the
process that was accessing the files, then ps to determine which app, then if
it was an oracle process, either had the user exit their session or killed it.
Occasionally it was smon/pmon and we had to wait or bounce the instance.

  Ken