Re: determine start time for RAC database

  • From: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:11:02 -0500

Perhaps you can write a script to go against your alert logs for the
database availability across all nose where the instance exists?

Search for something like this to know when it is up.

Sat Oct 17 01:58:41 2009
Starting ORACLE instance (normal)
If you don't see a clean shutdown, perhaps you can determine when the last
time stamp before that as when it was last available?

Then overlap the start/stop times and see if you have a gap. Maybe use
something like excel to show this?
It would be nice if there was a services view you could query to determine
how long the service has been available across nodes, like a service_uptime
column. If node 2 reboot, then it determines the service_uptime as that kept
on other nodes, it only gets reset when that service is no longer up and
available on any node.

--
Thomas Roach
813-404-6066